- Clothes Closet – God continues to bless our Clothes Closet in a great way. We have received several generous donations. Volunteers are needed! There will be “sorting and hanging” parties each Wednesday at 5:00 leading up to the September 9th giveaway. If you are interested in helping, please see Beth. You will be blessed! Click here for more information.
- Camp Cowen – Campaign to allow giving for the Sunny Day Leadership and Activity Center will begin Sunday, August 6th and extend thru the end of the month. Your donations will change lives for eternity so please consider prayerfully and give generously.
- Finance Meeting – Will be on Monday, August 21st at 5:45 pm in the parlor.
- Board of Christian Education – Will be meeting on Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:30 pm. in the Harmony Classroom.
- Birthday Party – We are celebrating birthdays for July and August on Sunday, August 27th immediately following the evening service.
- The Shine Effect – The Shine Effect consists of two married couples and will be here Sunday morning, September 3rd. We are needing housing for the group for September 1st and 2nd. If you can help out with housing please let Tiffany know.
- Dunbar Community Choir Sing – DFBC will be hosting this event this year on September 12th at 6:30 pm. All are invited to participate in this evening of worship and remain afterwards for refreshments.
- Summer Blowout Back to School Event – At DFBC Saturday, August 26th from 4:00 pm till 6:00 pm. Food and games will be provided. See Tammy or Steve for details.
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast – Will be on Saturday, August 26th at 9:00 am. at the Shoney’s located at 116 Kanawha Blvd. E.
- Shoebox Ministry – If you would like to participate in the Shoebox Ministry this year please see Lindsay or Hester. We are still collecting shoeboxes and we also have a supply list available if you would like one. You may also download a list that is to the right of this page.
- September 3rd – Shine Effect (Sunday morning).
- October 8th – Harvest Lunch (soups and sandwiches). Plus events for the kids, see Tammy or Steve.
- November 26th – Start Christmas card box in back hallway.
- December 1st – Christmas Parade.
- December 2nd – Seekers Class Dinner.
- December 8th – Galilean Class Dinner.
- December 10th – Chancel Choir Cantata (morning Service).
- December 17th – Kids Program (evening service).
- December 20th – Christmas Caroling.
- December 24th Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 10:30 am. (No evening service).
The Shine Effect:
Since May 2011, The Shine Effect has played over 625 concerts in 28 different states across the US and Canada. The band has played and ministered at many different churches, youth groups, Celebrate Recovery groups, festivals, revivals, Vacation Bible Schools, Christian camps, Christian and secular venues, community events, fundraisers, public and private schools, county and state fairs, non-profit organizations, etc. Celebrate Recovery is a HUGE passion of theirs as they all work the program themselves! They have played, ministered, and shared their testimonies at over 150 different Celebrate Recovery groups!
The Shine Effect gets their name from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:14-16.