American Baptist Women
American Baptist Women’s Ministries has a long heritage of being on the forefront of mission and ministry with women and girls worldwide. From our very roots to today, AB Women’s Ministries has addressed critical issues such as sex trafficking, poverty, equal voice, safety and security, access to water and other natural resources, leadership development, and, of course, spreading the good news of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 61:1-3, quoted again by Jesus in Luke 4:18-19, provides us inspiration to bring good news to the oppressed, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty and release…to provide for those who mourn and give them a garland instead of ashes, a mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
American Baptist Women’s Ministries – empowering women and girls to live into the fullness of who they are created by God to be.
AB Women’s Ministries is a Christ-centered ministry with a commitment to encourage and empower women and girls to serve God.
Every American Baptist church shall have a vital woman’s ministry program that empowers women and girls to become and develop as God’s person, build God’s faith community, and serve God’s world.
As servant leaders, we serve American Baptist churches by encouraging existing vital ministries with women and girls and empowering churches to build such ministries.
Our ministry is based on certain non-negotiable values that form a foundation and criteria for all that we do.
- We provide Christ-centered ministries.
- We strive for excellence in all we do.
- We practice faithful stewardship.
- We are relevant for women today.
- We assure that our diversity (clergy/lay, age, geographic, and racial/ethnic representation) as a denomination is represented in our ministries.
- We affirm and encourage the use of spiritual gifts.
- We recognize the worth of all women and girls.
- We value our American Baptist family relationships.