A New Way To Give
As we have just ended the last year and are now into 2020, I want to thank all of you for your giving to the Lord’s work through our church. It has been a blessed year.
Starting today, I am excited to announce that our church family has a 3rd way to give to the Lord’s work through our church. During the month of December, we have tested our 3rd option of giving – Online giving. Several of us have successfully tested the ability to give through our church data base called BREEZE.
Just as a reminder, as a church, we have three ways to give:
1) Cash through our regular offerings
2) Checks through our regular offerings
3) Online through your Breeze phone app or computer from anywhere you are or at any time.
Besides being able to give your regular offerings online, we will also be able to give to special offerings online as we go through the year in the same way.
If you have questions about giving through Breeze, just let us know. We would be glad to help you out in any way we can.
God bless you as you faithfully give this year!
Breeze – If you have any questions about Breeze or online giving please ask one of our Breeze Champions: Stacie G., David K., Virgil L., Beth L., Theresa F.
Please see the back of your bulletin for needed information.
Operation Christmas Child – Operation Christmas Child (2020). The list for each month is at the bottom of this page. The age group for boys and girls are: 2-4; 5-9; 10-14.
Food Pantry – February is our church’s month to help at the Dunbar Food Pantry. We would need people to help on Monday’s, Wednesday’s from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. If you would like to help, please let Stacie or Steve M know.
February 22. The Men’s Breakfast will be at 9:00 AM. Our special guest speaker will be D.J. Crist. We will meet in the gym. Bring a friend!!
Sunday Morning Message
February 23. Sermon Series The Bible: Can You Trust It? “Why You Can Trust It”
Scripture: 1 Peter 3:15
February 23. Sermon Series – “Always Near” (Video Session One)
Scripture: Hebrews 10:19-22, Romans 5:1-2, Matthew 6:6, Isiah 57:15
February 23. The Children’s Department will be having lunch at the church after the morning service and then be off to Kidaroos for lots of fun!!! Parents, please plan to meet us back at the church at 3:00 PM.
February 26. We are still accepting donations, and the time to donate is NOW!!! Items especially needed are: all sizes of baby/children’s clothing, men’s jeans, ladies underwear, blankets, sheets and, towels. The giveaway will be on Saturday, March 28.
Children’s Spring Rally
March 7. The Children’s Spring Rally at Parchment Valley will be on March 7. This is a one day event for our Kindergarten through 5th grade children. If your child would like to go and, have a t-shirt, please give Tammy M. $10 by Sunday, February 16.
March 20. Our Youth Open Gym will be on March 20 at 6:00 PM at our church.
March 27 – March 29. Mom’s, Wive’s, and Ladies: this is your chance to have a weekend to yourself, No kids, No husbands. Just you, your friends, and Jesus.
The cost for this weekend of bliss is $45.00, which includes all your meals, housing, and a t-shirt.
Two of us started going to Women’s Camp 3 years ago and each year we have added to the group, and we would love to continue adding to the group.
To guarantee that you get a t-shirt, you need to have your registration turned in by March 6. To register you can go to their Facebook page, Women’s Camp WV, where there is an online registration form or stop by the church office to get a paper copy.
Lenten Service Schedule
Lunch 11:15 – 12:15 – Service 12:15 – 12:45
- Feb 26. – First Church of God–Pastor David Bailey, Mountain Mission.
- March 4. – Dunbar United Methodist Church–Deacon Dennis Nesser, Presbyterian Church.
- March 11. – Christ The King Catholic Church–Pastor Forrest Palmer, Presbyterian Church.
- March 18. – Mountain Mission Church–Pastor David Keeney, Dunbar First Baptist Church.
- March 25. – First Presbyterian Church–Pastor Greg Hudson, Nazarene Church.
- April 1. – Dunbar First Baptist Church–Pastor Billy Roe, Church of God.
- April 8. – Dunbar Church of the Nazarene–Pastor Lanny Coberly, New Beginnings Christian Fellowship.
- January – Washcloth and soap
- February – Small stuffed animals
- March – Girls toys
- April – Boys toys
- May – Toothbrush & small pkg. Kleenex
- June – Donations to get socks/underwear for each age group
- July – Crayons (24 ct.)
- August – small notebook
- September – hairbrush set
- October – donations for shipping
- November – Take boxes to drop off location